Our committee were inspired by Rainy City Roller Derby’s recent rebranding and decided that while our logo was good, it wasn’t great for various reasons:
- It contained a lot of colours making printing expensive
- The number of colours made it difficult to find a colour of tshirt (or indeed kit) to print on
- It was intricate and not particularly easy to read when small
- It featured a white woman, which didn’t concur with the club’s co-ed status or inclusivity policy
- It didn’t scream ‘Sports Club’ at people
So, we let our Chair loose on Illustrator, and then put the logo options to a members’ vote at our AGM, and we now have a lovely new logo, with only two colours, which helps our kit choice, and a big bold image of Elgin Cathedral with a figure of unknown sex and race skating. It also looks much more sporty – we hope you agree!